Free Kaspersky Anti Virus protection from AOL!

ivesy 19:02 05 Jan 07

Just seen this and to be honest it sounds to good to be true! Can AOL be really giving this away free? I guess the email address you give will be bombarded by spam from them but I suppose that's a small 'price' to pay!

click here

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere on here.

PaulB2005 19:16 05 Jan 07

You also agree to receive electronically from us periodic notices about Active Virus Shield and other services that may be of interest to you.

Click on I Agree and i get....

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
Click here to close this webpage.
Continue to this website (not recommended).
More information

robgf 01:52 06 Jan 07

Hi,
I tried AOL Active Virus Shield a few months ago and it worked very well, feature wise it's about the same as AVG.
I was a little worried about giving AOL my email address, but I unticked all the "offers" and haven't had any junk mail at all.

It has got rather a bad press, because of AOL's reputation, but it isn't deserved and is a good basic antivirus program.
You can read my review of it here (fourth item down):
click here

Rob. :)

gudgulf 11:10 06 Jan 07

The AOL Active Virus Sheild is a cut down version of the Kaspersky antivirus.

There have been reports of conflicts with some firewalls and when I tried it, it conflicted with of all things my AOL gold broadband access.

For a few opinions click here

I would advise trying it,,,,,if it works well on your system you wont find a better free antivirus program.

Belatucadrus 13:15 06 Jan 07

click here
click here

The software is probably OK, but the EULA grants AOL and their unnamed associates, entirely too much clearance to collect and share your browsing habits and data. Well worth reading before deciding on whether you want to install or not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…