Free Delivery

T0SH 14:10 18 Oct 09

When is a item advertised as "Free Delivery" not free ?

When you buy from Ebuyer and have a postal address in Scotland

But only appears when you reach the checkout stage when the stated "free delivery" gets changed to an added

"Shipping method: 3 Working Daysat:£5.50"

delivery charge

To add insult to injury their address is give as north yorkshire which is closer to Scotland than it is to a lot of areas in England

Could it be some sort of a stealth Tax ?

Or should we be playing the racial discrimination card maybe ?

Cheers HC

961 15:15 18 Oct 09

....is an address in Scotland with an English post code

Come and live in southern Berwickshire

Works a treat!

wee eddie 15:44 18 Oct 09

or live North of the Rift e.g. in the Highlands and Islands.

I live in Ayr, 30 miles South of Glasgow, and I have had no problem with the Free Bog-standard Delivery.

However, both Next Day, and 3 Day, Delivery does cost.

BT 17:03 18 Oct 09

Choose the 5 day 'Free ' option, you will usually get it before the 5 days.

T0SH 21:21 18 Oct 09

I can assure you all of the conditions for the free 5 day delivery were exactly met and free 5 day delivery was showing right up to order placement and my logging on to my account and chosing pay pal as the payment option, only at this point did it come up with the additional charges, stating my post code as the reason why I could not have the promised free delivery ,I live 6 miles west of the city of Aberdeen which was very firmly on the uk mainland area the last time I looked :¬)

Incidentally I have once a I think it was in 2007 ordered a similar item which also stated free delivery which was at that time honoured and delivery was free

All the other items I have ordered since 2007 were small and have not been offered on the free delivery service

Cheers HC

morddwyd 06:05 19 Oct 09

"I live 6 miles west of the city of Aberdeen "

Perhaps they thought you lived 6 miles east!

Seriously it is just a rip off in some cases.

I have even come across companies which have a blanket increased charge for all addresses in Scotland as an "outlying region".

wee eddie 10:42 19 Oct 09

I think that you will find that Aberdeen is classed with Outer Mongolia and Northern Ireland.

It's outside the Free Delivery Area.

T0SH 13:51 19 Oct 09

During the last 20 years of my working life (now retired) I had regular daily contact with delivery couriers of all shades and textures, never once were we ever charged a penny extra for deliveries to any location on the UK mainland

the exceptions were deliveries to anywhere that involved a ferry crossing and a lack of a next day or AM delivery service to more remote rural areas

I noticed on the Ebuyer forum that at least some postcodes in Wales are subject the same no free deliveries treatment

but what gets to me mostly is the banner adverts on the opening page saying "Free Delivery on all order over £49.99" and the Free Delivery flags on individual items but nothing about exceptions for cretain post codes ? and there terms and conditions say free delivery only applies to the UK mainland

Perhaps the end of the Free Deliver banner line should read "only available to certain post codes in England mostly"

Cheers HC

T0SH 19:37 22 Oct 09

The saga continues according to ebuyer the item I ordered was to be delivered today between 7am and 5pm on a three working day delivery guess what it never came

On checking the ebuyer order tracking it seems that it took from the three working days the 19th 20th and 21st until after 5pm to depart their warehouse

the delivery agent UPS has the following status

TAMWORTH, GB 22/10/2009 16:35 DEPARTURE SCAN
TAMWORTH, GB 21/10/2009 20:31 ORIGIN SCAN
GB 21/10/2009 17:00 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

but with no ETA for my location

So it looks like I have been charged an extra £5.50 + vat for a three working day delivery which will actually take five working days or longer to get here

By now I am wishing I had gone elsewhere paid a lower price and most probably had delivery by now

But whatever I will not make the same mistake again

Cheers HC

Send ebuyer a message informing them of the late delivery. They will probably refund the delivery charge.

T0SH 15:15 23 Oct 09

This is now far beyond a joke the UPS tracking site now shows

Rescheduled Delivery Date: 26/10/2009

I am awaiting a response from ebuyer

Cheers HC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…