Free defrag programme software?

rickf 14:19 21 Dec 10

Hi, Is there a good, quick and efficient defrag programme for free download. Using MS Vista on my laptop and it wnet on for more than 6hrs. I turned it off in th end.

iambeavis 14:41 21 Dec 10
  spuds 15:29 21 Dec 10

Did you have a lot of activity programs working in the background, because this might slow a defrag down.

The Kestrel 15:32 21 Dec 10

I use auslogic defragger free version from click here. I run it once a week or so and find there is very little to defrag. It is a very quick program and not intrusive.

john bunyan 15:33 21 Dec 10

I like this one - much quicker than MS.(Auslogics Disk Defrag - Free)

click here

john bunyan 15:33 21 Dec 10

Kestrel - Snap!!

rickf 16:12 21 Dec 10

Yes guys. I downloaded Auslogics and it defragmented in 6.5mins.MS one sucks.

GaT7 16:39 21 Dec 10

Also try the free MyDefrag click here - may not be the fastest but appears much more thorough than anything else I've ever tried.

Some tips on their site to potentially increase system performance click here. G

birdface 18:41 21 Dec 10

This one is free for the next couple of days but 130 mb seems a bit much for a defrag program. click here

GaT7 18:53 21 Dec 10

I notice the Paragon one buteman posted was offered as a freebie by GotD a year ago click here. Good review by poster Ashraf a little lower down the page. It was a fairly bloated 87Mb then, but now 130Mb?! G

rdave13 19:12 21 Dec 10

With Crossbow7 here. Tried the others but MyDefrag is , in my humble opinion, the better one. You'll need to read up on what it can do and select your options.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…