Free Database Software?

Charence 21:58 10 Mar 05

Hi All, my friend has not got Access on his home computer therefore the Access database he has made can only be used at school. I'm wondering whether there are any other free programs which are able to open MS Access database and possibly edit them? (Just opening would be fine I think).

I don't think he'd want to buy Office since the he would only need to use MS Access for one more week (because coursework will be handed in).

Would OpenOffice meet the above requirements? What else should I tell him to consider to use?

Cheers, Charence

pj123 11:11 11 Mar 05

Haven't checked it myself but PC Answers mag for March 2005 has a database on the cover disk KnowhowDB 1.5. Worth a try. Alternatively, you could save the existing Access database as a DB IV file which can then be opened and read by almost any database.

Simsy 16:42 11 Mar 05

handles Access mdb files.

It's not free, but if you just want the Database prog, rather than the whole suite, (which is about £50), it's only £20.

click here

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…