Free Commander File Manager

Input Overload 11:40 AM 26 Dec 11

I installed Free Commander a couple of weeks ago after finding a new beta version on a site I frequent. The stable version I use is one of the most useful programs I have. You basically get two panes to move files around etc.

The thing I most find useful is being about to access hidden & system files without resorting to un-hiding & hiding, there is also an excellent search facility. Also a drop down menu with all main hidden files such as send to, new etc, I love that. You can also access services & the like with one click.

There are of course many other alternatives some of whch are pay programs that are not much better, but I really like FC & it is freeware.

Beware though when using it you are in parts of your PC that are usually hidden or system & deleting the wrong file could cause your PC to revert to none booting state.

It does depend on how you use your PC whether or not you need such a program though. Don't flame me if you don't need it please. There is a new beta on the site that seems to work OK but I settled on the last final.

http://www.freecommander.com/

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…