Free Broadband ISP for Spring 2003

powerless 16:03 22 Jan 03
  powerless 16:03 22 Jan 03

"Welcome to freebb.co.uk, the Worlds first FREE broadband Internet provider. We are busily working towards the roll out of this incredible new service, which will be available to UK home users from Spring 2003.
You can pre-register your interest here today and we suggest that you do, as this service will be offered on a first-come first-served basis.

It is also available to those who already have a broadband connection at home."

What do you think?

click here

Dicmay 16:22 22 Jan 03

I reckon dont touch with a bargepole comes to mind:

click here,

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 16:57 22 Jan 03

Hmmmmm,as quoted

" For obvious reasons we cannot disclose our full business model prior to launch, but in order to progress to phase two - the provision of free broadband Internet access to our members - we need only 0.15% of the UK online population to register an interest. Registration will close when this amount is achieved, so don't delay"

we wait and see!!

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 17:02 22 Jan 03

according to the census there are 58,789,198 in the the uk, 0.15% means that 3.9192796 (according to my calculater) need to sign up. Hmmmmmmm

fitfella29 17:09 22 Jan 03

just take a look at all the other free isps in the past and where are they now? NOWHERE TO BE SEEN!

mcullum_DX4Life 17:17 22 Jan 03

actually ntl:world surived a long time, more than a year and a half for totally free before they started charging.

Theonewhowatchesoveryou - it does say "the UK online population" not the uk population. Believe it or not there is not as many people online as you would think!

Pappyon 17:20 22 Jan 03

I can remember something like this for the ordinary Dial-up service a couple of years ago.
Many people sent off a subscription and that was the last they heard of it.

powerless 21:02 22 Jan 03

Have to wait and see.

Mezzo 21:12 22 Jan 03

i think you need to download a new calculator as 0.15% of 58,789,198 is 88,184 not 3.9192796 !!!

Stuartli 22:39 22 Jan 03

I decided to enroll out of curiosity - should have had an e-mail confirmation within two hours.

That was this afternoon and I'm still waiting...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…