Free 1 TeraByte Email Services with IMAP and POP3!

GibsonSt19 20:05 31 Aug 05

How mad is this?!

click here

Who on EARTH could make use of that?!

Fateful Shadow 20:49 31 Aug 05

Yeah...it is a bit...o.t.t???

I think the phrase, "going from the sublime to the ridiculous" fits well here :P

powerless 22:56 31 Aug 05

Not the first and won't be the last, all coming from Googles prime.

Forum Editor 10:05 01 Sep 05

Anyone can run a mailserver, and promise users that they can have a Squigglebyte of server space - knowing full well that nobody will ever use anything remotely approaching that figure.

It's a promise that never has to be made good.

Magic Hobo 11:46 01 Sep 05

which anybody knows where you can sign up for spam because i want to see how much (in megabytes) I can get into this email account

Gaz 25 18:38 01 Sep 05

lol,

Nothing directly odd about it, but I did notice a few things...

Run from a Telus Connections Home ADSL connection in vancoover, may very well violate terms and conditions of ISP, so it may not last long.

It runs merak mail server, which is expensive but easy to use managed mail server software.

Like forum editor said, no one can use that space so it probably won't allow that much. I doubt even Gmail can hardly cope with the 2Gb they are offering - I think they no know no one will use that much.

As for sending it spam, I had a script that you could define a mail address in PHP and it would send a lot of mail.

Anyway, what I'd do is go to every site you can and sign up for everything, newsletters, the lot. Or send it some big attachments, lol. :-s

Magic Hobo 21:08 01 Sep 05

I'll report back in a couple of hours

Magic Hobo 21:48 01 Sep 05

where it gives you links to sign up to spam at click here alot of the links don't work but some do

Magic Hobo 22:09 01 Sep 05

Mailnation has spam protection so hardly anything got through

Forum Editor 00:15 02 Sep 05

to discuss spamming anyone - even your own mail account. It's illegal to send spam via a mailserver, and if your ISP spots what's going on you'll be suspended - or even prosecuted. Don't think that your activities won't be detected either, because they will.

Magic Hobo 16:35 06 Sep 05

I apologise if I have broken any rules.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…