Fraud Help

Phate 15:21 12 Feb 06

Hi - I need the help of the forum members with a possible fraud -

My brother decided to purchase an ebook from here:

click here

But did not receive the ebook or any type of order confirmation. The email addresses provided bounced and there is no postal or contact information.

He paid via paypal and I was wondering what steps I could take in order to get the money he has spent back or actually get the ebook (although I doubt this is likely)?

Thanks in advance

Phate

pj123 16:19 12 Feb 06

The easy way is to go to click here and type in the domain you want to check. Just done that with this one and not a very good response.
click here

If you do the same with my website it comes up with Name, Address, When registered, when expires and the host address. click here

If you click on Home on the site it comes up with "Not Found", Contact Us only gives an email address and About Us gives no real info at all. There are no phone numbers, no addresses and no indication of the location of this business. That would have stopped me from going any further with any purchase from this site.

Contact Paypal, they may be able to help but, I think you have lost here.

beynac 16:28 12 Feb 06

A few more details:

Registrant:
Richard Hallett
424 Cedar St, Suite 145
St. Paul, Minnesota 55101
United States

Registered through: Mad Dog Domains and Cattle Company
Domain Name: EGUIDESTORE.COM
Created on: 04-Dec-05
Expires on: 04-Dec-06
Last Updated on: 19-Jan-06

Administrative Contact:
Hallett, Richard [email protected]
424 Cedar St, Suite 145
United States
6512150500 Fax --

Technical Contact:
Hallett, Richard [email protected]
424 Cedar St, Suite 145
United States
6512150500 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
NS0.ANTIPARTICLE.NET
NS1.ANTIPARTICLE.NET

spuds 16:46 12 Feb 06

If your brother paid by PayPal and a credit card. Then take the matter up with the credit card company in the first instance. PayPal's terms and conditions suggest this. At the same time notify PayPal of the problem.

If you use the PayPal 0870 number or email facility, then you may find that you get very poor results.

Write to: PayPal (Europe) Ltd,P.O.Box 9473,Dublin 15, Ireland.

I would also suggest that your brother checks his email box, because some 'e' companies download their items, for uploading by the client. A word of warning and perhaps advice: Some anti-spam programmes,either at the ISP or your end, if not set-up correctly, can dump the download if it thinks that it is spam!.

pj123 16:49 12 Feb 06

There you go. beynac did a lot better than me. I only got the registrants name and nothing else.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017