Forum Editor / GioInternet

Holographic_man 09:40 12 Sep 03

I would like to apologies to the Forum Editor Peter Thomas for my outburst and yes I should not have spoken though the open forum. I get hot under the collar and my outbursts always lead me into trouble.

However I still think Giointernet have some explaining to do, not only this company but many others seem to like treating us the paying customers as if we don?t matter. It really makes my blood boil and it?s us that have to put up with this sort of treatment

Forum Editor 17:21 12 Sep 03

Why don't you give us the details about your complaint against GioInternet?

roygbiv 09:29 13 Sep 03

I am with giointernet, What is the complaint with giointernet ?? (for us to see?).
Gio has just reduced the monthly time limit to just 50 hrs, without telling any customers!!!!!!!

Holographic_man 23:04 13 Sep 03

The story begins with.... I joined them becuse ISP review were giving them good reviews and yes the price was good at £7.99 you get what you pay for I know. The service was OK for about a month then it got harder and harder to log on. It got to the stage were it could take up to 200 time to log on. I got fed up with this so went to there web site and canceled my account. Thought no more about it until I recived my bank statment anf low and behold money was still being taken out of the account.
So phoned them up and was told that they did'nt accept cancelations on the web site and I would have to send a letter by regestered post.
I did this and am still paying. There seems to be no end to GioInternet taking fund's out of my account.

It's a little funny as they had stopped my connection when I canceled it online the first time.
I tried to log on but found that did not work. This now is into the 4 month

Holographic_man 23:09 13 Sep 03

Oh and by the way I did'nt put the links for BT broadband. They are the last company I would recommend. But I would recommend wireless broadband, for obvious reasons!

jospar 00:12 14 Sep 03

If you have sent a registered letter canceling your account, call your bank and cancel the direct debit. Then they will not be able to collect any money, and then take up overpayments with giointernet.

coldlogix 00:36 14 Sep 03

If you are paying via direct debit, contact your bank and tell them you wish to make a 'indemnity claim' under the direct debit guarantee for all payments collected since you cancelled with giointernet.

Your bank may tell you to keep dealing with giointernet, but be firm as they (the bank) are legally obliged to honour the direct debit guarantee.

Also as Jospar states cancell your direct debit asap.

Forum Editor 01:50 14 Sep 03

to see you say that BT is the "last company I would recommend".

All broadband services are ultimately from BT - they own the UK telecoms network over which all Internet services travel at some point or another. I've used BT OpenWorld broadband connections ever since the service was first launched, and I have nothing but praise for them.

Are you saying (as I think you are) that Giointernet are still calling on the direct debit after 4 months, despite your registered letter cancelling your account with them? If this is indeed the case you must of course cancel the direct debit instruction to your bank immediately. They (the bank) have no option but to make the payments when requested to do so, as long as the instruction is in place.

-pops- 07:27 14 Sep 03

I, too, am interested in this anti-BT stance.

I've been with BT for many years both on dial up and (when it became available) broadband. Like FE, I am more than happy with their service.

If you have information which may make us change our minds, please tell us. In the nicest possible way, of course.

Holographic_man 08:56 14 Sep 03

Forget all about Giointernet I have been doing all can to stop this and I am over 50 so I do have some dealings with banks, so leave it there folks.

Forum Editor Bt mmmmmm I live in Scotland and the place I live will not be able to get broadband for at least 2yrs. But I am doing my bit. I have set up a web site click here and I promote broadband as much as I can. Now I quoted wireless as I feel this is the was to go, and so do a many more people that live in the rural areas of Scotland, Wales, Irland. these are the people who will never be able to get broadband. Bt are not going to help the rural areas, so what options do we have?

Holographic_man 08:58 14 Sep 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…