To Forum Ed...

byfordr 20:44 01 Apr 04

Hi,

I was wondering where you got your monitor from?It doesn't seem to be available in the uk.

click here

click here

R

beeuuem 21:22 01 Apr 04
  Forum Editor 23:42 01 Apr 04

through a client of mine, but as crx1600 says, Savastore.com (Watford Electronics) are expecting some shortly.

Djohn 00:40 02 Apr 04

click here My local dealer has them in stock at £399.00 Excellent people to do business with. j.

Djohn 01:52 02 Apr 04

I bought my 17" AOC from them last year, superb value for money. Not sure but think one is with built in speakers and one without. The speakers are adequate only for system sounds though. Or it may be the colour finish of the bezel, silver or black. j.

byfordr 09:10 02 Apr 04

Cheers for that...does the dvi make much difference? According to this this model is the same as a LM-929 but is a specific model to the UK without DVI click here?

R

byfordr 09:12 02 Apr 04

click here Sorry link didn't picked up properly the first time (LM-927)

R

Djohn 11:00 02 Apr 04

Not sure if it makes that much of a difference. FE might be able to throw some light on it for you.

My 17" is analogue only and the picture is perfect. The DVI will give a cleaner signal as long as you have an output from your graphic card to enable this.

I think though that apart from using a test program, you would be hard pushed to notice the difference, even side by side. j.

byfordr 11:31 02 Apr 04

Cheers for that Djohn. The non-dvi monitor can be picked up for £100 cheaper than the dvi one (according to a few website identical spec except the dvi) I've also been looking at the Iiyama Prolite E481S-S. I've been tasked with purchasing a pc for a family member and he wants a 18 or 19" tft. Just got him a tasty systemax, so just the monitor to get.

R

byfordr 12:09 02 Apr 04

I've dropped Richard a email, so hope will find out the difference between the LM919 and LM929.

Thanks for the contact details.

R

byfordr 16:50 02 Apr 04

A very quick response, after dropping Richard a email. A call back from a supplier. I have ordered 2 LM-929s, will post back on Monday (or when ever they turn up)

Thanks again

R

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…