Flying to the USA

Zero G 13:29 18 Jan 07

The other day i got 2 return flights to the USA with a stopover to change planes for £440 from American Airlines.

I know the £ is strong against the US$, but think i have got a bargian:)

chub_tor 19:11 18 Jan 07

Yes you have - don't forget to join AAdvantage and get the airmiles too!

Colin 22:01 18 Jan 07

Where are you flying from and to?

Colin 13:56 19 Jan 07

Must have already gone!

Zero G 14:31 19 Jan 07

Off to New York & Fort Worth and if i'm lucky i will get about 2 hours of sightseeing before getting back on the plane to come home! Whole trip will take just over 24 hours for the round trip & time difference!!

Colin 16:50 19 Jan 07

I hope you enjoy it - perhaps you won't be away long enough to suffer jet lag!

Kate B 17:09 19 Jan 07

Rather you than me. I take it from the price you're flying economy - the good news is that American has a slightly bigger seat pitch than most of its rivals in economy, so it will be fractionally less miserable than it might have been.

spuds 12:18 20 Jan 07

A 24 hour round trip, and you are paying for it!.

At once upon a time, international courier firms use to offer free or discounted airline trips to adventurous travel people. Doesn't anyone provide this facility nowadays?.

I remember flying from Heathrow to Singapore, on a robust Boeing 707 back in the 1960's. The journey took 22 hours, mainly due to many en-route stops. In those days, it was classed as the norm, today it would be classed as a jet lag killer, especially when you left the UK on one day and arrived at your destination the day earlier :O)

Zero G 17:37 20 Jan 07

Trip got pulled at the last minute!
So i get to have a weekend:)
+Will get the money back through the company:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017