Flat Screen Monitors

laura e 13:30 24 Jun 05

I am looking to a buy a flat screen montior and i was just wondering what is the cheapest that I am likely to be able to buy one for? I have been searching the web to find one locally but not with very much luck! They all seem to be at least 150 pounds which is too expensive!! It doesnt have to be new, it can be used or refurbished but i just dont know where to look! the only website I have had ANY joy with finding local companies is yell.co.uk but still not much with any of those either!
Also if anyone knows anywhere good that they could possibly recommend that would be great too!

laura e 13:31 24 Jun 05

oops! i forgot to mention im in the north west area so cheshire, merseyside, north wales companies etc would be great!! :)

Kate B 14:12 24 Jun 05

laura e, you're almost certainly better off buying online. Tell us your budget and we'll come up with some suggestions for you.

tenplus1 14:13 24 Jun 05

The best monitor I've seen so-far has to be the OcUK 17" TFT (Digimate) monitor from Overclockers.co.uk at a reasonable £130

laura e 14:23 24 Jun 05

than for ur response guys!

Umm.. to be honest im not too sure on the budget as its not actually me whos going to be buying it!! But it is for me os i siad i'd try and hunt one out for as cheap as possible! But i think its going to need to be definitely less than 100, would it be possible to buy used/refurbished for about 50?! or is that just asking way too much? if all else fails we'll just have to buy a regular box of a monitor but a decent quality one as it will be for imaging work etc!

i'll keep looking!! thanks for your help! :)

Kate B 14:33 24 Jun 05

I found this via Pricerunner ..

click here

dunno what it's like, but you could Google for any reviews.

laura e 14:35 24 Jun 05

Brilliant!! That looks great! I dont know if its too expensive though but i will certainly foward all the information on!

Thanks! :)

Noldi 16:32 24 Jun 05

PCA would be a good place to start see what is in the top 10. Cheapest is not always the best.

Rayuk 16:48 24 Jun 05

I would think if you are going to be doing imaging work you would be better off with a good crt monitor rather than a budget tft monitor.

spuds 22:53 24 Jun 05

Depends on what you are looking for, a TFT or CRT. I use a Medion 17" Flat screen monitor, which is a superb bit of kit.Very similar to the CTX EX701F, which eBuyer are selling for £77.90.[quickcode 72938].

I was in PC World yesterday, and they have stock of 17" Flat screen CRT's for about the same price.They also have a good selection of TFT's with the starting price of about £90.00. A word of advice about PCW, check the warranty time, most manufacturers give 3 years, PCW may not on certain transactions.

« Ravin » 07:56 25 Jun 05

if you are getting a lcd make sure you get one with DVI , it makes the colors look a lot more vibrant and the text more crisp. theres a noticable difference between analog and digital tfts especially on 17" and above =)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…