Flat panel monitors?

jake2 11:00 17 May 06

I'm looking to replace my 19' crt monitor with a flat panel version.
I know very little about these things. My pc is mainly used for surfing and games. What do you suggest? and what sort of money should I be thinking about?
I'm toying with the idea of going to PC world just so I can have it here today!! Probably not the best idea, or is it?

Diodorus Siculus 11:04 17 May 06

Whynot PCW? They may not always be the cheapest but do have good deals.

Two options below - but I can't comment about their usefulness for gaming.

PC World - Shop for cheap Monitors TFT - AOC DXBL 19 19" TFT FLAT PANEL MONITOR
click here

PC World - Shop for cheap Monitors TFT - LG L1917S 19" LCD MONITOR
click here

SG Atlantis® 11:48 17 May 06

8 and 12 ms are too slow.

it would help to know how much you want to spend?

Most new monitors come with 4ms response times. Samsungs are held with high regard, 930bf etc.

jake2 12:13 17 May 06

PCW Not a good idea? Because I'd be inclined to buy whatever they had in stock instead of being sensible and researching it properly!
Found two localy
PC World: Sony SDMHS95DS £219
Local shop: Samtron 94v £219.99

Either of these any good? Never heard of Samtron, guy said theyre made by Samsung.

Looking to spend? Not sure. Around £200 - £250 ish?

SG Atlantis® 13:08 17 May 06

samsung 930bf 4ms click here

click here is the sony

I wouldn't recommend the Samtron, it is a NO!

Sony and Samsung are two great makes, I own a Samsung and would recommend them no problems.

PCworld tend to have only one year warranties agreed with mfrs. Where as it's usual to have a 3 yr swap out warranty on flat panels with other dealers.

rmcqua 13:22 17 May 06

The Samsung 930BF with its 4ms refresh time and 700:1 contrast raio is a beaut! I never regret the day I bought mine.

donki 13:55 17 May 06

I got a new MESH PC two months ago with a 19" widescreen and alls i can say is CLASS. If ur wanting for games its so mush more emersive than a standard ratio.

I got a 19" viewsonic one and the quality is great, cant notice much difference in it compared to my SONY LCD?? I think PCAdvisor rateded it 4 out of 5 as far as i can remember.Great price too.

click here

anskyber 14:37 17 May 06

Before you go widescreen, if indeed you do, make sure your video card supports that format.

jake2 14:56 17 May 06

Thanks for the advice folks I think I'll look more closely at getting the Samsung 930BF. Seems to good value for money and great reviews.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:10 17 May 06

I too have a Samsung SM930BF, it's an excellent monitor. If you buy one you will not regret it. The FE likes them too.

the old man 20:13 17 May 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…