Flat Panel display monitors

Fatbelly 07:50 28 May 05

Hi,
I am not a regular on here so if this has been done before then my apologies.

We are about to change the main house PC. What do people recommend in terms of a monitor.

I like the look and footprint size of a flat panel display monitor and i have checked the review pages on this site. but what do real users like yourselves think of them? How do they compare to with CRT monitors.
As a guide we surf the net and do all the other PC type things (write documents etc etc). The one thing that does concern me is that I am keen digital photographer and have been told that the picture image is not as good on a flat panel.

What does everyone think.
Thanks Fatbelly

who ever told you LCD digital monitors are crap is talking thro his/her hat.
I have used a 17in TFT for years and do some photo work not a problem the normal key is the graphic card you use. I can advise you go for a 19in plenty of offers eg dabs ebuyer etc shop around and you will find one at a price that suits you. TFT have come on a lot from only few years ago
the main comparison TFT with CRT is the simple fact weight Tft is a lot lighter and does not take up space on your desk
Yes the one I have a Relysis does have 1 dead spot on the screen but nowadays you wil be lucky to find any manufacturing has progressed because of customer returns in a few instances
My advice GOFORIT

Mr Mistoffelees 13:54 28 May 05

LCD/TFT monitors are so good now I can't think of any good reason for not choosing one rather than a CRT unless you are on a VERY tight budget.

Border Collie 14:12 28 May 05

Fatbelly, don't hesitate to get one.

It may appear strange at first because you have been looking at a slightly convex screen. When you get your TFT it will appear concave until you get used to it.

If you offered me a new 19" CRT for my little 15" TFT I would decline.

Less eye strain, clearer picture, great for photography etc etc.

click here

Border Collie 14:13 28 May 05

Fatbelly, don't hesitate to get one.

It may appear strange at first because you have been looking at a slightly convex screen. When you get your TFT it will appear concave until you get used to it.

If you offered me a new 19" CRT for my little 15" TFT I would decline.

Less eye strain, clearer picture, great for photography etc etc.

click here

Joe R 14:25 28 May 05

click here

click here

These are dependant on your budget, but both will be good for games and video, with the 12ms response time.

I have the LG monitor, and would highly recommend it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…