Flat Panel Display

PMPM 09:14 24 Mar 04

Does anyone know the manufacturers who guarantee no defective pixels? I wish to replace my 19" CRT with a flat panel including speakers. Any advice appreciated!

TrustNoone 09:19 24 Mar 04

My Samsung 15 in monitor from John Lewis with 3 year warranty is an example. Also 17in and 19in models available. Not the cheapest though!

961 09:27 24 Mar 04

My understanding is that at the present time only CTX produce a flat panel monitor with a "no dead pixel" guarantee and that runs for 90 days

All other monitors are class 2 and have varying policies regarding the number of pixels which need to be defective before a replacement will be authorised

There was a fairly detailed thread about this recently on the forum

PMPM 09:53 24 Mar 04

Thanks, I've now read it all. Last thing we need is another thread on dead pixels!

anchor 09:54 24 Mar 04

My new Samsung 19" TFT does`nt have speakers, neither does it have any dead pixels. The picture quality is superb.

Like 961, I understand that CTX are the only manufacturer to actually give a guarantee, which in their case is for 90 days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…