Flat CRTs

Hoseman 10:49 24 Jun 06

Im sure Ive seen some flat CRTs which arent as thin as TFTs of course but just wondering if anyone knows of any or can recommend one. Not in a position to pay TFT prices, so therefore want good quality 17 inch screen but not one that takes over the whole of my table... am I asking for too much??

Cheers :)

spuds 11:13 24 Jun 06

I think that you will find most CRT's are about the same size, no comparison to a TFT unit.

I use a Medion flat screen, and its a superb bit of kit. Due to Medion re-badging I am not certain who the actual manufacturer could be.

The prices of TFT's and CRT's are dropping rapidly of late, so it may pay you to wait a little longer. Some 17" CRT monitors are selling for as low as £45, and that's with a good swap-out warranty.

vinnyT 11:13 24 Jun 06

As far as I know, flat crt refers to the screen being flat and not curved. I don't think this has any impact on the size of the monitor, it's still going to take up a hugh amount of space, due to the underlying technology.

Joe R 12:12 24 Jun 06

hoseman,

the Hyundai crt monitors here, have smaller footprints than normal crt's, and have a high quality display.

click here

€dstowe 13:30 24 Jun 06

We have several Hyundai Flat CRT monitors which, apart from one that failed within a couple of weeks, we are very satisfied with. The one that failed was replaced within 24 hours. They have been working hard for more than two years now.

citadel 13:41 24 Jun 06

I have a 19" hyundai and the case is not much bigger than my old 17" monitor.

DieSse 17:12 24 Jun 06

But how about a TFT for just under £100 click here

Stuartli 19:53 25 Jun 06

As mentioned, 17 and even one or two 19in TFT monitors can be found at just into three figures price wise.

You can also get flat CRT TVs with short tube lengths as well these days, much to some people's surprise.

Samsung, for one, does flat 32in CRT televisions which have a very short tube length at the rear.

It is due to introduce an HD compatible version in the near future; present 32in models are about £500 and have excellent picture and sound quality.

My best mate sells them; you can find out more at:

click here

click here

Hoseman 14:56 26 Jun 06

Thanks for all your replies. I may actually go for a TFT now.

There are also some 17 inch TFT monitors by Digimate which come with 3 year warranties and have a refresh rate of 8ms. They cost about £100 which is pretty good going. There are a few models so need to see which one I am going for. Will post link when I find the address as apart fprm the main site (aria.co.uk) there is also an offers page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…