Flat Bed Scanners

Seve23 18:04 24 Aug 05

I need a new scanner and am totally confused as there are so many around. Help. I don't want to spend more than around £100/120 and would like one with PDF. Any recommendations?

Jackcoms 19:21 24 Aug 05

Why not take a look at PCA's reviews? click here

Stuartli 13:56 25 Aug 05

This link has a Canon flatbed with document to PDF capability at just under £48 - Canon scanners are first class:

click here

Seve23 14:03 25 Aug 05

Thanks that was very helpful. I've actually been looking at the Lide500 but didn't know anyone with experience of any Canon scanners.

Sans le Sou 21:32 25 Aug 05

I have a canon 8oooF with the toolbox console you can do it all with the buttons on the front which are programmable to a variety of functions, does PDF and scans slides and 35mm negs as well. Will not make tea though.

Sans le Sou 21:33 25 Aug 05

PS - If you like your scanners thin and dainty, this is not for you.

Seve23 10:09 26 Aug 05

Thank you both for your help. I have purchased a CanonScan LiDE 500F and am just about to install it. I've had two Visioneer one-touch in the past and, whilst pretty good scanning etc., both terminated entirely after about 4 years.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…