Flashing Flickering Hanton Monitor....

lisa02 10:35 13 Mar 05

On a thread about a month ago I posted about my monitor flashing white screens when switched on. The remedy was turning off and on. But as time went on the Power Led and such where flickering for 3, 4 or maybe five minutes before it would on.

Would ya call this a fault?? I would!

This is what happened:

1.Took it back to shop "mplex" their site is mplex.com, they had it three days for testing - told I'd get a replacement but they had no stock.

2. Later contacted them as I couldn't use my base as this was my only monitor. They said its "ready, but we found no fault, no echange".

3. Another costly taxi trip up and the guy was rude making me feel stupid. He said there was nothing wrong with the monitor. I asked was it the base then, cos I got it from you?

4. Requested I return the base for testing, they had that for another two days.

5. They said still no fault in the other one and gave me a replacement anyway. The new one comes on fine, right on time, with no white screens. They gave me it in my own box, serial codes don't match and all my own leads, I'd have preferred new, but hey it has worked so far.

They messed me around something shocking, I spent almost 1300 pounds going back to their shop for stuff, in two months, I bought my PC from them in Dec. I won't spend another penny there! Taxis to the store cost me £40.

Sorry about the length, but they infuriated me.

Stuartli 18:05 14 Mar 05

Why not contact Hanton direct and inform it of the circumstances or have a look at the support page?

click here

Must confess it's a new name to me but it was only established five years ago.

jbp1982 20:25 14 Mar 05

Their website claims the white screen is normal when the machine was first switched on. The one I had did it everytime, plus the power flickered like mad. Hanton never replied to my emails before.

They're a cheapy brand online you can pick them up £145 Ive seen, I paid £200 in a small computer shop about 8 mile away near belfast harbour. I didn't research it before I bought.

This has one has worked perfect for 2 days now, so here's to hoping it stays that way, it just has little stuck pixel at the lower right of the screen. But its fine. I was angry at the trouble I had to go thru for a new one.

jbp1982 20:28 14 Mar 05

This is my partner's id. lisa02 and jbp1982

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…