Flash USB mem that works with WIN98SE

canard 22:42 01 Dec 05

Bought Dabs cheapo easy disk- works a treat with XP but WIN98 SE refuses to recognise drivers. Would like to buy 4 more flash USB mems [Xmas stocking fillers] that install easily on WIN98 SE. Advice appreciated.

CMC 42 22:49 01 Dec 05

Try click here or click here

The Amazon one is the one I've got - and it comes with a driver installation disc for Windows98.

beeuuem 22:51 01 Dec 05

I have a Crucial Gizmo that works well on 98SE.
( even after a 40c wash cycle!!) You will need to D/L the drivers from the site.

click here for prices.

canard 23:22 01 Dec 05

The crucial stocking filler is not compatible with 98SE so have ordered the one from Play.com - fingers crossed that it will do the biz. Thankyou CMC 42 and beeuuem. Just realized I would have been safer ordering the Amazon one- knees knocking while I await results!

beeuuem 00:09 02 Dec 05

Did not intend to mislead you re: Crucial. Mine was bought some time ago.

canard 00:50 02 Dec 05

Beeuem I realised that what they had online had changed- but thanks anyway.

keewaa 10:25 02 Dec 05

I had a problem with a flash driver and 98SE, but it turned out to be a weird driver problem, I think from memory there was USB 1 and USB2 drivers, and although I only had USB1 I had to install the USB2 srivers for it to work ... why they offered USB1 drivers in the first place was a mystery.

realist 12:46 02 Dec 05

I had this same problem finding a flash drive compatible wirh w98se. I was recommended to buy the Intelligent Stick USB and it works a treat, and is compatible with both W98se and XP and USB 2.0 and 1.1. I see Maplins now stock them click here

realist 13:21 02 Dec 05

re my above post.....cheaper (64mb) available from hereclick here

canard 22:50 03 Dec 05

Realising that WIN98 SE was pre USB memory gizmos so it's tricky to get them to work together have ordered dinky card/stick readers with cheap usb flash pens as stocking fillers for the WIN98 SE descendants. Just hope the combo works!
Thank you everyone for the helpful advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…