First time buying online

L.S.D 00:11 15 Apr 03

I`am hpoe to buy some computer part`s from this company "AUT Distribution Ltd, A.U.T Direct
WWW autdirect.co.uk This will be my first purchase online, just thought I would ask you, has anyone used this company before, are they ok.

Thanks for your time.

Steinman 00:30 15 Apr 03

Sorry, not used before. BUT make sure secure server when keying in credit card details. Look for a little padlock nr. taskbar.

spuds 00:51 15 Apr 03

I have not used this company, but would suggest that you also check and fully understand the companies terms and conditions.

Murray 01:21 15 Apr 03

I tend not to trust small time websites, unless I have a recommendation, or I know I can always phone them up/go and see them personally.

I know this is what you're trying to do, but in my opinion, stick with the bigger players, like dabs.com.

microdirect.co.uk (no experience tho), scan.co.uk (I can recommend)

I am extremely biased towards dabs - they'vbe never kept my order waiting more than a week (or so) and normally arrive within 2 days - the prices are very competitive (if not the cheapest) - PLUS you get a free mug with every £250 you spend (or other gifts...)

AndySD 03:10 15 Apr 03

I havent used them ....but they use the Actinic shoppig cart software which is a good sign as its a secure shopping program (and not cheap either) So they have put some effort into the site. They also give their address and a land line phone number. Give them a ring and ask about the returns policy. See what they sound like. I know it seems odd but thats how I often check before ordering.

L.S.D 10:10 15 Apr 03

Steinman,Spuds,Merray, and AndySD
Thank you for your Input

vaughan007 12:20 15 Apr 03

Never heard of these before.

What are you buying?

If your buying computer components (?) try dabs.com or simply.co.uk or ebuyer.com

These three are all regularly used by many forum members.

vaughan007 12:20 15 Apr 03

Never heard of that site before.

What are you buying?

If your buying computer components (?) try dabs.com or simply.co.uk or ebuyer.com

These three are all regularly used by many forum members.

vaughan007 12:21 15 Apr 03

oops, sorry for the double post.

acemark 12:59 15 Apr 03

Hello, I don't know about autdirect, but I just ordered (sunday) some stuff from Tekheads and recieved it this morning! that's pretty good in my opinion :-)))

vaughan007 13:05 15 Apr 03

Tekheads...yeah forgot about them...another decent place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…