//some 3rd party need geo

First class warranty from LG

johnem 21:17 26 Sep 04

My three year old LG Flatron started to give a few problems acouple of weeks ago. I tried all of the normal self help to try and fix it to no avail. I contacted LG's helpdesk, who checked their records and declared that my monitor was still registered as being within warranty. Presumably a certain "storage period" is added to the manufacture/purchase date. LG very kindly advised that a new monitor would be delivered and my old monitor would be taken back for repair. I enquired if the monitor would be on loan until the repair was completed, to be informed, the new monitor would be mine to keep. All of this at no cost. What more can I say, absolutely brilliant. It certainly makes achange to find a company that not only honours its warranty, but also is sensible in it's approach to the length of warranty period.

Dorsai 23:37 26 Sep 04

I don't know how true this is, as it amounts to hearsay.

Forum Editor 23:39 26 Sep 04

and thanks for sharing it.

Dorsai 23:45 26 Sep 04

Well done LG.

that is good service. I don't know what their standard warranty period is, But that IS good service. I have a few LG bits, and have found them to be not only well priced, but to work well and be reliable. To know there is a good backup service is also reasuuring ot know.

I don't know how tru this is, so trat as hearsay.

I remember that i read somewhere that you can under some situations have rights for warranty cover, even after 12 months. Somthing to de with a 'resonable life' for a product. EG a £50 VCR wound have only 12 month warranty, but a home VCR that cost £5000, you would resonable expect to last longer than a £50 one, and the £50 one is expected to last 12 months....don't know how tru this is. perhaps only 'urban myth'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…