Firewalls - McAfee or Sygate??

bamfiesler 23:24 05 Apr 05

After an horrendous time with Norton a few years back, I settled on Sygate a coupla years ago, and had it until a few days abck when I did a reformat of the C drive. For a change I loaded on the McAfee firewall from the recent PCA disc, and I find it quite hard to get my head around, in comparison to the Sygate one, that is.

Can any memebrs offer me their views on each or either and preferences, as a reference?

DieSse 23:54 05 Apr 05

I've used Sygate Personal for years. Never caused a problem, and I've never caught any problems that it should have prevented.

On the other hand I've seen lots of problems on other computers with both Norton and McAfee.

So I'd vote for Sygate.

If your happy using Sygate and its caused you no problems in the past then there is no real need to change unless there is something particular your like about McAfee.

bamfiesler 07:35 06 Apr 05

Right, made my mind up. I find McAfee too detailed,and is constantly asking me to verify stuff, and there's a LOT in there.

BAck to Sygate, methinks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…