Firefox 9 now available

TopCat® 21 Dec 11
Answered

More details. here TC.

Condom 21 Dec 11

Please please let it be faster than the last offering. What has become of Firefox?

TopCat® 22 Dec 11

Apparently it is faster; see last paragraph of details posted. TC.

sunnystaines 22 Dec 11
Answer

version 9.01 now out

BJN 24 Dec 11

seems to be more stable than version 8 it's not yet crashed, lets hope they have fixed the crash bugs as myself and a few friends have been frustrated with the unstable version 8.

chub_tor 24 Dec 11

There is also a version 10 beta which so far (two days) has been crash free and responsive on my machine.

Input Overload 26 Dec 11

After using Chrome for some time & applying many updates I decided it was time for a total removal & a re-install to remove unused program parts. I did this & removed all relevant registry & program entries, then I did a C:\ image.

I also decided to give Firefox another whirl as I haven't run it for some time & read about the latest java speed boosts etc. I must say I liked the themes etc. & was quite pleased & felt maybe I could live with it. After a few days & when I had given it some serious use I realised it was much like a face-lifted car that looks modern & full of extras but underneath it's clunky & dated.

Yesterday imaged back a week & re-installed Chrome & it was like a breath of fresh air. I can't see me giving either Firefox or Opera another try - You of course may feel differently?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message