Fining Spammers - they way it should be done

Jester2K II 07:41 27 Oct 03

click here

"California has won a landmark judgement with its first anti-spam ruling after a court fined a marketing firm $2m for sending out millions of unsolicited e-mails telling people how to spam."

and

"After 1 January, the state's anti-spam laws will get tougher and will also allow private individuals to sue spammers and collect damages of up to $1,000 per e-mail."

MichelleC 08:24 27 Oct 03

About time too. Next year I'm going to spam them all with lawsuits.

Belatucadrus 12:02 27 Oct 03

Shows the UK governments suggested £5000 for the miserable waste of time it is, $2M will shut them down, £5K is an operating expense. In Italy the figure is £66K, when will we catch on ?

Muzziad 14:29 27 Oct 03

Unfortunately until this is law everywhere can't the spammers just move to a different state and carry on?

I'm no legal eagle but my wife is American and I know that what is law in one state isn't necessarily law in another.

I do agree though that it's a good result!

spuds 19:10 27 Oct 03

Trying to bring someone on a far away island to book, is going to be a long hard uphill struggle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…