finding best laptop

zeppman 16:25 20 Jan 07

I would like to buy a laptop.I want one that has at leat 100-120 GB hardrive,DVD writer and 1-2 GB of ram and a fairly fast processor dual core maybe.We dont play games but want one that will be fast enough to burn and surf do pretty much that is thrown at it.My partner wanted a sony vaio but I heard good reports about acer? My budget is around £1000 and might go higher if I can justify it.

Zero G 17:37 20 Jan 07

Dell, Toshiba or Rock

Zero G 17:39 20 Jan 07

As for Acer, just spent the last 3 hours mending one, 3 months old & already broken! Esplex (Acer repairs) dont have the greatest reputation!

steven_frost 18:46 20 Jan 07

I have a Packard Bell 120gb hard drive 1gb of ram AMD Sempron 17.5 wide screen the make is a easynote sw51-201 and you get a couple of hundred backfrom your £1000

naineysman 20:48 21 Jan 07

Got 2 dell laptops (me and her) and 3 desktops and for reliability and service could not be happier. You customise as you buy so you can get what you want. £1000 buys a lot of laptop these days.

Hope that is of use to you
N

naineysman 20:52 21 Jan 07

click here

Not saying there aren't as good elswhere (at work I use Thinkpad T60 and its great) but 5 out of 5 can't be wrong.

N

ritespellin 20:56 21 Jan 07

I am confused as I am intending to buy a new laptop too. I have just about decided on Acer Aspire 9423 WSMi Vista for about £750 and Acer were Highly Commended in PC Pro Awards 2006 (just behind Lenovo with a satisfaction rate of over 80% against Support, Reliability, Buy Again and Value). Can we believe these surveys?

sean-278262 01:01 22 Jan 07

ACER make good computers and laptops but support is shoddy to say the least. 4 hours on the phone to get it booked in and 3 weeks waiting for the return of a computer I needed for course work. It took another 2 hours to get info on what was happening as we were told it would be no more than 2 weeks.

Good machine, poor after sales. Would buy one again but maybe not the next one.

horrox 13:16 22 Jan 07

My laptop is being sent back for the third time in a month - it has not worked when it has come back from Esplex

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017