find me a supplier!!

krishcanag 23:58 24 Jan 08

have read and read about buying components online. It really is a it or miss affair if you get lucky or unlucky.

The trail seems to be
Manufacturer
|
Wholesaler
|
Online shop/store
|
you the buyer

Now if you walk into a shop and buy components do you have more rights than buying online (distance buying)?

Even the big boys, SCAN, EBUYER, DABS, etc all have plenty of bad reviews, no high street store has such bad press, NEWEGG in USA is in a class of its own.

I ask this because if there is a benefit to walking into a store and buying then that might be my best bet.

The manufactuer is unable to sale direct also, so when a guy says mobo bad, returns it and then the online store says you bent the chip pins!! for example you are stuffed!!, it never happens in other retail, what advice does anyone have on this issue?

regards

krishan

lisa02 00:47 25 Jan 08

"Now if you walk into a shop and buy components do you have more rights than buying online (distance buying)?"

I would say you have more rights buying online. You can reject the goods when you get them, within 7days, buy from the high street and you aren't.

"Even the big boys, SCAN, EBUYER, DABS, etc all have plenty of bad reviews, no high street store has such bad press"

You reckon? No seller has a 100% positive record, disgruntled online customers just have a bigger platform to shout about their experiences. A happy customer toddles of back to their own life to enjoy the products they've bought.

"it never happens in other retail"

Have you worked in retail? Happens everywhere.... customers attempting to refund stuff they've damaged.

"The manufactuer (sic) is unable to sale direct"

Not unable, they mostly choose not to, in any case most big companies deal directly with the manufacturer.

lisa02 00:49 25 Jan 08

My advice is spend most of your time researching the product you want and then go with one of the better sellers.

harps1h 08:18 25 Jan 08

look at click here they have one best track records

HondaMan 09:01 25 Jan 08

agree with you rfe Novatech, but dabs.com are also pretty good. I ordered a new monitor from them a few days ago at about 2.15pm abd it arrived next day at 9.00am!

krishcanag 11:00 25 Jan 08

harps1h

did not come across this one before, thanks, its all good, the problem is all these names have ratings between 30% to 75%, newegg on the other hand is 95%, different league. Tesco for example must be in 98% for any item that is not fit for purpose, defective or incomatable, no questions asked, so why does tesco and other large companies provide such a good service and computer parts companies a different standard.
In studing this, I also came across another issue, for example if you try and buy a gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L mobo, the latest version is 21. (power save) THOUGH 2.0 is good, but what you are likely to get is 1.0 or 1.1, now giagbyte say, they have no intention of placing hardware version on box, can you imagine buying a VW Passet for example and not been told what version it is going to be!!! This industry is a joke for the customer, which is why PCWORLD can get away with robbery for crap.

harps1h 19:22 25 Jan 08

newegg is an american site and whilst they may ship to uk you are liable to tax and and levy the mail put on it for delivering from the states

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:35 25 Jan 08

You are worrying too much about 'polls'. Use ebuyer or Novatech and you will be OK.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…