Feel conned by Amazon Prime "scam"?

simonjary 16:53 17 Feb 15

There's been a lot of complaints about Amazon "fooling" people into signing up for £79/year Amazon Prime memberships.

We've published a "How to cancel Amazon Prime" feature.

Any forum members discovered a Prime surprise on their statements or actually think Prime is a good deal?

morddwyd 19:23 17 Feb 15

I have already posted on this somewhere.

I was a Prime ember for several tears but at current rates, and not using any of the music or video streams, it is no longer value for money for me.

I had no problems letting it run out though.

mole1944 19:41 17 Feb 15

It's not a scam,use the golden rule "RFI"

**READ FLAMING INSTRUCTION**

It plainly states it's a trial and has to be cancelled,read understand and then see if you want prime,i personally do not but that's just me.

lotvic 20:17 17 Feb 15

Useful info for those that have signed up and now want to cancel :)

My son signed up, they make good use of the media services and he thinks it good value.

mole1944 03:47 18 Feb 15

Thanks Rumpelteazer,looks like Miss Picker who taught me to read did a good job,i'm 70 by the way.Why oh why do people just click click click,then moan they are locked into something they don't want.

simonjary 06:46 18 Feb 15

I do agree that you shouldn't be caught out if you read what you're clicking. But somehow I tripped into the Prime trial before Christmas – maybe I was rushing. Amazon customers are so used to clicking away at their usual places that one moved button (and I'm pretty sure I clicked in the usual place for Free delivery) can trick you into signing up. The No Thanks button is much smaller than the Yes Please, dressed up as a standard button.

mole1944 07:03 18 Feb 15

As i say click click click,like a lot and your committed,read first your fault no trickery just you failing to read and understand instructions properly.

simonjary 11:05 18 Feb 15

As I said, I agree that Amazon does warn customers, but there's enough annoyed customers (reported across Sunday Times, BBC, Guardian, etc) that it is clearly not as obvious as it needs to be.

I don't regard myself as an online shopping newbie, quite the opposite, and yet it caught me out – a moved button and a click too quick. Moving a Free Trial button to the same place as the previous Buy Now is cynical, no?

Yes, my fault - but Amazon has a duty to its customers to make its Free Trial offer even more obvious if so many are being caught out.

mole1944 18:30 18 Feb 15

Looks like a lot of customers have poor reading and understanding what they read,let this be a lesson to all who have done it.

morddwyd 19:20 18 Feb 15

"but there's enough annoyed customers (reported across Sunday Times, BBC, Guardian, etc) that it is clearly not as obvious as it needs to be."

I try to keep myself reasonably well informed, but this is the only place I've seen it reported.

(No, please don't post links, I'm quite sure I can find them with Google, but that is not the point)

rickf 21:09 18 Feb 15

There is no scam. I am a member and knowingly sugned up to make use of services. People just forget to contract out when the free trial expires. The same people then say its a amazon scam. C'mon take some resposibilty for yourself!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…