FE - deleted post

AdeJ 20:56 26 Jun 03

I posted a (intended) humourous example of customer service "don'ts" the other day. The post seems to have vanished. I emailed the moderator to see if their was a technical glitch or if it had been deleted and why - but no reply. Can you advise?

Installer 21:24 26 Jun 03

They do like to keep things on topic here, there used to be a forum called the lounge but PCA finished it.

Andybear 21:29 26 Jun 03

A number of threads have vanished recently, with no obvious reasons. The FE has been very quiet about it.

AdeJ 21:30 26 Jun 03

Funny - i thought this forum WAS all about suppliers, products and customer service...!

Jester2K II 21:39 26 Jun 03

I think at the end of the day the forum is run by the FE and Moderator of PCA. If they deem content to be inappropriate (for whatever reason) then they will pull it. PCA is legally responsible for the content of this site. If anyone sues, PCA gets it, not you...

I also don't think this is a subject for public debate. If you need to ask hit the Contact Moderator button. You might have to wait though because this site is very busy.....

TheTerminator 21:40 26 Jun 03

living, and within a few hours this was pulled too! whilst i can see why it may be seen as silly, i thought it was really interesting, as it allowed me to get a feel of the other users out there. any comment from the FE would be appreciated!

The FE will tolerate a certain amount of "humourous" threads depending on subject and content.

however, many of these degenerate into one sentence posts that go on for pages. They can have little to do with computers and seldom offer any sort of advice or assistance to users. For these reasons they are usually locked or deleted.

The FE is tolerant of a great deal that should not really be posted and at the end of the day, he does a good job of keeping this forum "on topic" and a very useful source of information that is easily found by those seeking help and advice.

For this reason, PCA has probably the best forum for advice on the web. Lets not change anything now or complain about policies that so obviousely make it such a success.

AdeJ 21:47 26 Jun 03

Best not waste any more space then...

Djohn 21:51 26 Jun 03

I agree with Smiffy99, FE will allow a few jokes and a bit of banter as long as it stays with the subject, Help or consumer. But when it starts to wander off line he will pull it.

FE or PCA used to explain as to why, but you must admit, he has made so many "Warnings" just lately, and we continue to ignore them, so really can't blame him for just deleting without explaining. Regards. j.

Forum Editor 22:51 26 Jun 03

but I'm quite happy to say it again.

If you have a thread or post deleted or locked, and you want to know why, use the 'contact moderator' button and ask - I always try to answer such requests for information, although I confess that there's the odd occasion when, due to pressure of work I fail.

What I will not do is enter into a public debate about it. That achieves nothing, and is not really fair to the person who has lost his/her thread or post. It's a private matter, and we intend to make sure it stays that way.

As I have often said in the past - we're not a chat-type forum, and as a rule we'll delete threads that set out to invite others to contribute jokes, anecdotes, or reminiscences. We'll also delete threads which encourage or invite forum users to divulge personal information, and I'm sure I don't need to spell out the reasons for that.

We get a lot of feedback from forum members, and we know from this that there is widespread support for the way we run the forum. We've no plans to make any sweeping changes in the forseeable future

DieSse 22:52 26 Jun 03

I think the problem is that there are several people who might actually monitor the forums (you can't seriously think one person does it 24/7). I suspect one or two of them may be a bit "over eager".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…