FAO Forum Editor

Goatee 19:08 10 Feb 03

Would you please explain why my thread has been locked?

This is the second time that an one of my innocent threads has been modified. I honestly don't undersatand why.

I haven't been on these forums much recently. However, I remember very clearly what was accepted when I contributed more regularly.

For instance, I recall another member starting a thread from the date he ordered an Evesham PC and he updated the thread regularly as the events unfolded. I believe it all ended without a hitch. The thread was very popular and many followed it with interest, including myself.

This is precisely why I started my thread, a little late I admit. The intention was to post yesterday but work determined otherwise. I was expecting to post a thread talking about the order process and the quality of the resulting product but it just so happended the PC didn't turn up and so I talked about that too.

Why do you get the impression that the sole purpose of the thread was to complain about the delay? This quite clearly isn't the case. In fact a large chunk of the thread was praising evesham, which I'm sure potential buyers would like to read.

Also, why do you suggest that I only let everyone know if I have a 'real' consumer problem. Is this forum not for general consumer ralated topics, whether they be problems, suggestions, comments or praise etc??

Like I said, the topic was not started to complain about a 24 hour delay, hence the subject title and the thread content. It was to give a little bit of info on my views of evesham, my experience of evesham, my view of the finished product and maybe some opinions on their afersales support if necessary. Having been a first time evesham buyer last year, I know how every little bit of infor helps, and this forum helped tremendously.

My posts on evesham have been appreciated by fellow members in the past. But if you think they lack importance now then thats up to you. I think you are being unreasonable.

Finally, thank you to bfoc. I appreciate the info and the request for an update would have been possible if the post had not been locked.

Andÿ 20:10 10 Feb 03

It's best to use 'Contact Moderator'. :o)

Forum Editor 23:50 10 Feb 03

and certainly not in open forum, but as you've decided to ask in this way.........

Your thread was simply a monologue about a delay in delivery of 24 hours. We have had dozens of these threads before, and our feedback from other forum users has indicated that there is little of general interest in a thread that describes the ordering and delivery process in detail. As I said, we are always interested in hearing about genuine Consumer problems, but you don't really have one, do you?

That's why the thread was locked, and that's it as far as public explanations go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…