FAO FE

tbh72 16:04 23 Jun 03

Hi FE,

Wandered if you could shed some light on a little problem I'm currently having with the forum & whether anyone else is having the same problem.

After a page has appeared to have loaded, just as I'm about to veiw it's content it blinks, just once for about 1 second, this is so very annoying!! Is it me PC or the forum itself?

spikeychris 16:22 23 Jun 03

Check out the taskbar, you will see, if you have very good eyes or if you print screen..
"50 items remaining downloading picture http pcadvisor / discus / images / newfolder /gif"

This is after the usual vibrantmedia and is very fast at downloading, the gap however between media and newfolder takes a couple of seconds...

Chris

wee eddie 17:24 23 Jun 03

I was going to start a thread myself, if no one else had, then I thought I would check on my PC at work, before I posted.

Well, it does here as well.

Most disconcerting! But as 'spikeychris' says it's part of the download process, I shall watch the relevant part of my screen like a hawk!

Mango Grummit 17:46 23 Jun 03

For me it is either sticking or jumping. I think I'll leave and try again later if I can find me dizzy pills.

Djohn 18:02 23 Jun 03

Yep! happens with most, if not all of us. j.

Forum Editor 18:47 23 Jun 03

you find it annoying.

Not much else I can say really. I'm sorry.

jazzypop 18:55 23 Jun 03

Similar thread over here - click here

-pops- 19:06 23 Jun 03

This effect is not seen with my Netscape setup. Perhaps you'd care to try that rather than IE.

Brian

ams4127 19:16 23 Jun 03

It's not happening to me. I'm using IE6 and Norton firewall with popups and adverts stopped.

Djohn 19:32 23 Jun 03

Nice to see you make a comment on this issue. I'm sure that everyone knows it's not your fault, just one of those things.

yes it's a bit annoying having the display jump just after each page loads, but as we all know now, it's not a fault with our PC's. At first I thought is was, checked with other sites to confirm my monitor was ok.

Think most of us can live with it, but would rather not, until PCA can find a way round it. Regards. j.

monkeyshine 23:05 23 Jun 03

It's not a little bit annoying, it's VERY annoying, but hey, as we are constantly being told, it's a FREE site so we have to put up with any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…