FAO DIRECTORS PC WORLD 4 NEW PCS ALL FAULTY

valentina 21:36 04 Dec 07

this is the only way I can think of to get a response from pc world directors, as their customer services have not been able to resolve my problem.I have asked to speak with Keith Jones Director but the furthest I have got is Team leaders in their sheffield office, my story I wanted to replace my pc, went to pc world bought brand new one cash, phoned sky to have an engineer come and install my broadband and my new tv ( dixons, phillips 42 inch)
1st pc advent mother board broke
2nd pc packard bell sounded like it had a lung disease.(re furbished i think) made terrible noises and ps tech guys told me re install the whole thing, no I took it back to store
3rd pc packard bell again kept crashing

all the above pcs were checked by the " tech guys" all confirmed faulty

4th pc pakard bell " worked" wow!! called sky to re install broadband,he said great you got one that works, I said yipee, he said hey theres no sound. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

PHONED TECH GUYS, WE DID CHECKS ...RESULT ANOTHER PC FAULTY
here are the folks ive spoke to already and got nowhere, team leaders melissa, andrew kenyon, stuart, customer services karen, tech guy who tried to fix the sound was called nic his id no is 26916.

ALL I WANT IS A PC THAT WORKS, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW I CAN CONTACT THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OF PC WORLD AS I THINK HE SHOULD KNOW WHAT IS

spuds 22:13 04 Dec 07

Send a letter:
Keith Jones MD
Customer Service Dept
PCW
2 Nunnery Square
Parkway
Sheffield S2 5DD

Forum Editor 22:41 04 Dec 07

is unlucky, having four that are faulty, all from the same store almost beggars belief.

Ho was it that you kept getting different brands? If a motherboard in a new machine is faulty it can be replaced - was this done to your Advent? Why did you then get a succession of three different Packard Bell machines?

It's all very odd, and perhaps you can provide more information:

1. When did you buy the Advent?

2. How long after that did the computer develop its fault?

3. Why did you then acquire Packard Bell no.1, why didn't you carry on with the Advent, once it had a new motherboard

4. Was the third Packard Bell a new machine, and if so why?

valentina 23:01 04 Dec 07

i bought the advent in oct but didnt install it until my sky was being put in on Nov ( it remained in its box until then),( i dont know how to install a computer or install broadband, hence why I payed for an engineer to do it) I didnt know it was faulty till sky man told me, re the packard bells thats what the shop gave me, I just took what I got and went home hopefully to get set up and get back on line . all machines I bought I bought as brand new. I know nothing about pcs except how to send emails, and do my msn group, I know nothing about motherboards, sound cards , control panels ect, but after speaking to many tech guys I know a lot more now,
How do you suggest I try to resolve this issue? what would you do? You are the expert Im just someone who is unlucky I guess but I do need a new computer as this one is outdated and thats why I bought a new one in the first place. Im at my wits end it has cost me plenty for phone calls to the tech guys, phone calls to the store, taxis to and from the store ( i dont drive), please help. thanking you in advance

sinbads 23:06 04 Dec 07

There is a short period of time usually 30 day no quibble money back.

However, after this time they are obliged to repair and or replace with an equivelant spec model.

Since you have had four replacement then you have given them ample oppertunity to resolve this issue.

I would write to them quoting the sale of goods act , quoting the above paragraph, and demand a refund of your money.

also give them a time frame to respond ie 7 days
you will definately get a response.

sinbads 23:30 04 Dec 07

these people give good advice click here

sale of goods act click here

I had a simular problem with a Medion comp one letter quoting the sale of goods act, and if i did not here from them within 7 days, action would be taken to recover my losses.

valentina 23:48 04 Dec 07

Thank you so much all, I will start clicking the links and get things moving in the morning, your help is appreciated so very much.

in the meantime I hope santa doesnt shop at this store as if santa s luck is like mine there may be a lot of unhappy kids this christmas.

I really wish I could contact the Top Man I really do, after all us shoppers keep them in jobs

ajm 01:16 05 Dec 07

Please send me a email through the yellow envelope next to my name. I may be able to assist you.

Bald Eagle 07:10 07 Dec 07

On the other hand I've had a Toshiba laptop, HP and Compaq desktop computers from PC World and no problems at all. You've been very unlucky!

BE

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:45 07 Dec 07

If I had that much 'bad luck', I would be looking nearer home.

G

valentina 22:34 08 Dec 07

every one of the machines were checked and rechecked by the 'tech guys' and also the managers of the store asked for a full diagnostic report on them. All were confirmed to be faulty.

All the pc's were left in their boxes until the they were ready for broadband to be installed by engineers.

I am now taking this matter further and found your message to be offensive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009