fans fans?any advice?

westdudes 10:57 21 Jan 04

im just building a opc, the first time in a long time unfortunatly (5years), when i last built one all i needed was one fan blowing cool air in and one blowing out.

the pc im building now involves some pretty fast and hardworking pieces so can anyone suggest a good way to keep them cool enough?

i'd appreciate any help

specs are intel p4 hyperthreading 3.0 ghz, 256 hurcules classic radeon 9800xt, gigabyte motherboard with 1gig ddr ram,,,,120 gig seagate sata hdd pc/tv card ....dvd writer(the rest are the basics)

not really much to humpth about now but ill keep adding!lol any advice on how too cool it properly would be greatful

wee eddie 11:23 21 Jan 04

It's not necessarily the number of fans that keep the temperature down, but the airflow pattern.

Plan your air flow, choose a case with lots of space, make sure all cable's are preferably rounded, hide any spare cable out of the way...

Another thing though you could do to get good cooling is water cooling. It doesnt leak so long as you test before puttting into the machine, quieter, makes the machine faster and more stable as you dont get high temperatures and so if wanted can overclock more.

look on click here for some very good idea's on how to water cool your PC and some great advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now