//some 3rd party need geo

Fancy a limited edition PC?

TOPCAT® 21:07 25 Feb 04

Take a gander at this fanless, noiseless high performance offering. The Poweroid 1200 comes with its own wheels too! TC.

click here

"Expected retail price of this case: £800 approx"

Yes, I Think i'll have two........

Forum Editor 21:20 25 Feb 04

It's a delight to see a company come up with something like this, and I wish Poweroid very success with it.

Now if only I could get my hands on one for some sustained, long-term testing..............

PurplePenny 22:09 25 Feb 04

Well FE it *does* say that they are using their limited supply of cases to build review machines and Poweroid are here on the forum ........

powerless 22:17 25 Feb 04

Looks like a shopping trolley, sideways up!

...and at 800 quid.

Quicker to pick the thing up, but at the risk of doing yer back in.

Looks more like a small server sided case...

Bu what do I know eh.

I think i saw a review of this case on Toms Hardware Guide.

The fins down the side of the case act as a radiator/heatsink if memory serves. THG were very impressed with the case, a bit less with the price....

TOPCAT® 22:57 25 Feb 04

... and well outside my budget! click here to have a looksee inside the case. TC.

Pentium P4, 3.2 GHz (800 fsb): £2849 ex VAT
£3347.58 inc VAT

Pentium P4, 3.2 GHz (800 fsb) Extreme Edition:
£2999 ex VAT £3523.83 inc VAT

Pentium P4, 3.4 GHz (800 fsb) Not offered, sorry.

sidecar sid 23:35 25 Feb 04

Toms Hardware Guide review

click here

I'm off to write my christmas list.

JerryJay 00:31 26 Feb 04

click here is also going to tock this one. Two expense, for a quiet PC, better get a good looking little guy called zen produced by click here

JerryJay 00:35 26 Feb 04

Another fanless one, click here, click here

Poweroid 20:37 26 Feb 04

>> Now if only I could get my hands on one for some sustained, long-term testing..............

FE, just ask, just ask ;-)
And thanks for the good wishes.

Someone from here did speak to Will Head about this a few days ago. I don't know if Will agreed to have a look at this case though.

The TNN500A is getting very noticed. Apart from PC magazines we've had requests for review copies from all kinds of places. I believe that the Guardian, and even this weekend's Sunday Times, are doing articles on it.

We will be posting our own honest, warts-and-all review of the case here: click here

It's not cleared for use on the P4, 3.4 GHz CPU yet... but only because we haven't done the stress testing. It seems to keep the 3.2 very cool indeed so may well be able to handle the 3.4. It's also not cleared for use with the Radeon 9800XT and FX5950s. Mini-ITXs are very nice but of course have even more limitations.

The price is a bit high but we are working on getting that lower. We see some implementations coming in at under £2,000 (pre-VAT) in due course. Those quoted prices for the Poweroid 1200 may seem high but they do include some of the best supporting cast (Even the 19" LCD monitor isn't Iiyama's E481 but the AS4821).

I've used a TNN500 and it is BIG but it actually weighs less than our Poweroid 9220/6207/9222 models which are based on the Thermaltake Xaser III cases.

0 db at last! :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…