Fancy becoming a beta tester?

Forum Editor 11:38 03 May 08

and have a mobile device, why not try a neat little application called 'Pocket Guardian'?

The software company involved - PC Tools - has asked us to ask you to try out the beta version of their new product. We're not endorsing the software or the company, although we've worked with them on numerous occasions, and know them to be a thoroughly professional business.

You can download Pocket Guardian if you click here

We'll be interested to hear what you think of it. I'm posting the same thread in Speakers Corner.

Diodorus Siculus 11:57 03 May 08

I'll give it a go on my HTC S710 running winmobile 6, smartphone version.

Do you want reports back in this thread?

Diodorus Siculus 11:58 03 May 08

Just found that it won't work for me - my mobile isn't touchscreen :(

Woolwell 12:33 03 May 08

Installed it on an Orange HTC Touch Dual. Immediately after installation it locked the system up and had to Power down and back up. The Orange customisation means that access to the program is not available if you choose the Orange option for Today.
Now appears to be running ok.

Forum Editor 14:16 03 May 08

Remember that it's a beta version, and you run it on that understanding. We're happy to cooperate with software companies in this way, but the normal caveats apply - before running any beta product make sure any critical data files are backed up.

Woolwell 15:13 03 May 08

Knew it was beta and it is shown as beta on the website (at the top) but I think they could have an additional warning on the download page.

silverous 19:46 09 May 08

Are viruses a real threat to windows mobile devices? I thought the situation was perhaps similar to mobile phone viruses...i.e. as rare as rocking horse you-know-what?

Pine Man 13:30 11 May 08

'Please don't post duplicate threads

in different forum areas - it's confusing and unnecessary.'

Forum Editor 13:41 11 May 08

Don't be so silly.

Pine Man 18:05 11 May 08

I am not sure how to spell the sound of a raspberry.

Horik 18:26 11 May 08

Something like "Raaaaaaasssssp" I think.

Sorry, I'll shut up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5