False Advertising ???

Stalker 17:13 24 Apr 03

A local computer company, are Advertising in the local paper a system which has a AMD 2000mhz cpu, I phoned them up and asked about the system, cause i was pretty sure they meant 2000xp, and they said it was exactly as it is in the advert If i go in and buy one of these system's and it turns out to be a 2000xp which is not a 2000 mhz cpu, and they dont say that it was a mistake in the advert, can i do anything about it?!?!?!

Stalker

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:49 24 Apr 03

Can't see the false advertising ....click here as they describe. XP or mhz, the difference is nothing to sweat about for here i the XP variety... click here. No big deal IMHO.
G

-pops- 18:19 24 Apr 03

Just ask for more details and find out for yourself. The dealers must have more information about what they're selling, surely. If they don't, be very wary of buying from them.

But, as GANDALF <|:-)> says, no big deal.

Brian

Forum Editor 00:19 25 Apr 03

If you have any doubts it makes sense to check first doesn't it?

I can hardly imagine anyone deliberately setting out to catch a retailer out over something like this, and any resulting action would certainly be considered as 'vexatious'.

If you are contemplating a purchase make absolutely sure that you know you're getting before you part with any money.......and forget about the advertisement. They may or may not have made a mistake in the wording, but that isn't the point here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac