Fake PCA reviews

Forum Editor 08:12 21 Feb 09

Those of you interested in anti-virus software might like to take a look at this:-

click here

Diodorus Siculus 10:46 21 Feb 09

Interesting but why direct a PC to a fake review after the product has been installed?

The only reason I can think of is to ensure that you pay for a full version if you have installed a trial...

spuds 11:23 21 Feb 09

It's a mean world out there, and people have to be more concerned and vigilant as to what they do, and how they do it, and not solely rely on supposed 'expert' information in reviews, whether for good or bad intentions.

I suppose the same can be said regarding spam, and the amount that finds its way into peoples email boxes. Since the last world-wide notification 'protection' phase of decreasing spam circulation, I have once again noticed a major increase in spam activities over the past month. On a daily average I have need to delete approximately 200/300 spam mails a day, all mostly for 'medication and improvement' substances. Yesterday, Tiscali closed their email service for ashort time, and did some maintenance on their email services, and behold, today the spam box was virtually empty.

Good thing that someone is keeping their eye on things, and informing the internet user of possible headaches ;o)

Stuartli 23:50 21 Feb 09

Tiscali is, and always has been, the source for 99 per cent of spam I receive; the reason is due to the fact I still have some use for a WorldOnline e-mail address first set up 11 years ago.

ronalddonald 23:53 22 Feb 09

FE for letting me know about he fake review of this software. Many people can be fooled by fake reviews and fake websites and glad you took the time to lets us know so that we dont fall into the trap

The Brigadier 11:41 23 Feb 09

So the reviews in the latest magazine for Mesh Computers are not fakes then?

perpetual motion 14:01 23 Feb 09

FE "THIS" is one of the reasons PCA has so many members cause it is such a Amalgamation of knowledge for users that help us all, This story is so important that ive emailed it to Everyone one of my contacts with the URL of cause,
Thankx for this FE it was of GREAT intrest to me...PM

Forum Editor 16:15 23 Feb 09

I beg your pardon? You might want to email me an apology before I delete your forum registration.

perpetual motion 10:29 24 Feb 09

The Brigadier can to enlighten us..?

The Brigadier 16:27 24 Feb 09

It was a tongue in cheek joke?
Ban me if you want, but it just shows that Mesh really do get protection on this site on what is written about them!

Forum Editor 16:44 24 Feb 09

Making an allegation that I'm protecting a company, simply because I object to you suggesting that we fake reviews about its computers is an outrageous accusation, and trying to pretend that "It was a tongue in cheek joke?" just makes it worse - you're insulting my intelligence by even suggesting that.

I'm prepared to put up quite a lot, but unfounded allegations that we're faking reviews and protecting companies from criticism in the forum because you happen to harbour a personal grudge against the company concerned are totally unacceptable. I'm sure you'll be happier posting such rubbish on some other forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…