FAIR PRICE?

timothy44 15:32 08 Jan 03
  timothy44 15:32 08 Jan 03

I received a Fuji finepix s304 digicam for a xmas present, it has a transferable 3 year warranty which was expensive, this extends the manufacturers guarantee to cover theft and accidental damage, it also has an extra 64mb xd card with it, it is boxed. I am asking £400 for this. Does everyone think this is a fair price, taking into account the warranty and extra storage. Be obliged for opinions.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:07 08 Jan 03

The new price is £338 inc deliv (also inc. 1yr manufacturers' warranty.) from here...click here or £363 with an ADDITIONAL 64Mb card.

I'm afraid the warranty is worth zippo as damage, faults etc are usually covered by household insurance. £250 is a fairer price.

G

Stuartli 20:00 08 Jan 03

What you say is bsically true about household insurance, but cover depends on a number of things.......

Some people don't even bother with this side of insurance just to save a few bob - can prove expensive in the long run.

Stuartli 20:01 08 Jan 03

I trust you are not going to tell whoever gave you the Fuji that you are going to sell it....:-)

timothy44 15:14 09 Jan 03

£250?? you don't want much do you? I think I'll see what happens, thanks. I'll let you know.

Stuartli 16:38 09 Jan 03

£250 to £275 would be a fair price based on current retail prices.

Otherwise you might as well pay the extra and get a brand new model from a retail outlet with the added protection that brings.

Remember the dealer has to meet overheads, pay VAT and make a profit to survive.

timothy44 21:17 09 Jan 03

It is a brand new model with added protection, that's the point.it only came onto the marketplace before xmas so it couldn't be old could it?

Still "Second hand" and as soon as it left the shop it lost 17.5% in value as it passed through the door! ts £70.00 and therefore £330 before you have taken it out of the box.

Added to that the secondhand status and GANDALF <|:-)> has it about right!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…