A Fair Offer Price For A Second Hand Wii

BigRik 07:10 29 Mar 10

Good morning.

I had a text from a work colleague yesterday saying his son wants a buyer for his Wii, which is "...in great condition, has loads of games and extras plus a Wii Fit game and board, chargers carry case, you name it he's got it."

The wife and I could well be interested, but based on the info above, what would be a fair offer?

Kevscar1 08:57 29 Mar 10

have a look on e-bay and see what they are going for

erkmatrix 09:25 29 Mar 10

Well I'd want around £200-£250 , if he has loads of games and wii fit board in good working order that is. But it all depends on how many games. But yeah I agree have a look on ebay or ask the work colleague how much his son wants for it, that would be best and then decide. I'm thinking of getting rid of my wii too as it happens, don't use it now adays. They are fun though for parties and families.

ame 09:43 29 Mar 10

Go to Game or Gamsetation websites or shops themselves and see the trade-in values for the machine. It won't be that high. Again, trade-in value of games, depending on what they are, can be determind from there too - guess about one third of new price on average, I'd say, roughly?

Awshum 11:17 29 Mar 10

£60 for the console and then the bits separately priced:

£15 to £20 for top titles like Mario.

£5 to £10 for the shovelware games

£20 for remotes/£10 for nunchucks
wii plus add ons £10
classic controller £10

£40 for wii fit and board.

Awshum 11:20 29 Mar 10

if it's 'wii fit plus' then add a £10.

yellowbird 11:27 29 Mar 10

If hes bought a load of games then he has probably spent a lot of money. I would ask how much he wants for it, and then compare it on Ebay.

BigRik 14:05 29 Mar 10

I'm going to see exactly what's for sale, then if I'm happy about the condition of everything, will make an offer using your recommendations.

If I take it, I'll post back what I got and for how much.

Kind regards.

BigRik 13:11 31 Mar 10

Well, for the sum of £200, I now have the following in my possession;

Wii console (inc. all leads and remote sensor) with stand, 2 remotes, 2 nunchucks and a virtually brand new carry case, with the following games;

Wii Sports, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, Big Brain Academy for Wii, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Billy the Wizard, Mario Strikers Charged Football, Warioware Smooth Moves, Boom Blox, Meet the Robinsons, Sing It (with microphone) and High School Musical 3.

I wasn't sure if my boys would like the last two, so I took them anyway.

Awshum 13:44 31 Mar 10

where's wii fit?

£200 isn't exactly good. click here click here click here

But as long as you're happy and your boys get trouble free gaming.....

BigRik 17:01 31 Mar 10

Unfortunately, his sister took the Wii Fit before I got there, and being family, I suppose it's only fair.

I realise I could have got a new one cheaper, but with new you just get one remote by the looks of things, with 2 or 3 games, for around £180. I thought a second remote with 2 nunchucks and another 9 games wasn't too bad!

But like you've mentioned Awshum, as long as the boys are happy (unlike me with my crash-happy CoDMW2 on my spangly new PC!) that's what counts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…