F Secure 2006

rawprawn 11:11 15 Jan 06

I am at present running a 30 day trial and I am thinking of buying. I have looked at various ratings and it seems very good. Can anyone offer advice or opinions on this program. I have always used ZA Free and AVG Free together with a battery of the usual antispyware. I thought I could get rid of the bulk of these and rely on F Secure and maybe Ewiwo to check.

flyingbrit 12:04 15 Jan 06

Yea I've used F Secure and my mate swears by it, but in my opinion it's a bit over the top for home uses, and I stuck with ZA and AVG free.

flyingbrit 12:06 15 Jan 06

Take a look at Bit Defender, as far as I'm concerned it the dogs thingies, however, it's not free.

rawprawn 12:08 15 Jan 06

Thanks for that flyingbrit, & I will take a look at Bitdefender.

scareybus 12:12 15 Jan 06

I removed F Secure 2005 from my laptop. I found it was a big drain on system resources.
Changed to EZ antivirus (12 months free version from Microsoft website) which has speeded up the start and shut down processes. EZ is a product of Computer Associates and appears to work well.

rawprawn 12:18 15 Jan 06

scareybus the 2006 version seems to be very light on resources.

961 17:19 15 Jan 06

FSecure 2005 argued with my Zone Alarm. Every time Zone Alarm had an update to the software FSecure had to be uninstalled while the update took place, and then re-installed

I eventually went back to Avast

FSecure is highly rated as a virus checker but may still conflict with Zone Alarm. If you are using it as a firewall as well and can do without ZA then things may be fine

rawprawn 17:35 15 Jan 06

F Secure 2006 is a combined Firewall/Antivirus/Spyware scanner which is why I chose it to be able to get rid of so many different applications. I have uninstalled ZA, AVG, and a lot of other Spyware scanners to try and cut down on the number of applications that need to be running and updated.

961 17:51 15 Jan 06

Yes I agree with that

I still like ZA and have the pro version.

I found FSecure virus good and quick to update but it tended to slow my system

I've no knowledge of their firewall or how well it works

The spyware bit of the version I had was basically ad-aware in an expanded form

I certainly believe in retaining Spywareblaster, Microsoft antispyware and Spyware Doctor, because none of these spycatchers get the lot

polish 18:20 15 Jan 06

it would be worth downloading 15 day trial zonealarm security suite i find it very good not heavy on resources updates regulary and is very configurable

rawprawn 18:42 15 Jan 06

About 9 months ago I bought ZA Security Suite, my computer continually crashed. ZA Support were not able to correct the problem, and refunded my money.I went back to ZA Free with no problems. I have NOT unistalled Spywareblaster, or spywareguard, and I am using Spybot and Ewido as backstops.I have to admit to being quite impressed although I wish I could configure it to make a "Free of virus" text on outward, and inward emails.
Thank you for your replies I appreciate your opinions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009