External Hard Drives

Shutthehellup 16:56 26 Feb 06

I want a portable external hard drive, at least 25GB (don't really need more than 35, for as cheap as possible. What do you recommend?

Don't care about:

Speed
Looks
Physical size
Sturdiness

ade.h 17:05 26 Feb 06

I've got some suggestions, but do you want USB2 or Firewire?

ade.h 17:07 26 Feb 06

click here That's probably one of the very best of the 2.5" drives. If you'd rather have a 1.8", that can be done, but does cost more.

Totally-braindead 17:08 26 Feb 06

The last comment you say you don't care about sturdiness us a big mistake, remember this a device capable of being moved about. Personally what I have is an old 40 gig hard drive mounted in an enclosure. Heres a link to some enclosures click here and another click here

ade.h 17:10 26 Feb 06

One for Firewire if that's preferred click here Costs a bit more for the priveledge though.

kindly 10:42 28 Feb 06

I would say buy the largest one you can afford as 30/40 gig can be filled up fast these days. Sturdiness is very important with it being moved about. Firewire is good but bare in mind some computers might not have this but more have usb ports. Power supply has just come to mnd aswell. Allthough you can get them powered from the usb port, i find that its own power supply is better. Bare this in mind when you go to another computer to plug it in.

ade.h 18:07 28 Feb 06

The models that I suggested have optional power supplies. One is USB2 and the other is USB2 and 1394.

dmm27 12:16 01 Mar 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009