//some 3rd party need geo

External Hard Drives

Young Ranger 21:39 01 Sep 04

I'm thinking about getting an external hard drive for back up and storage purposes. What are the pros and cons for buying a separate case and hard drive drive as opposed to a complete unit.

If I buy a separate case and hard drive, what things do I need to be aware of in regard to putting the hard drive in the case and any thing else that I need to take into account.

Good offer at your local Aldi store tomorrow for a 160Gb External drive for £89.99
click here

Young Ranger 23:35 01 Sep 04

That's where I was thinking of going.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:48 01 Sep 04

I usually buy separate case and HD but you won't get it any cheaper than the Aldi offer.

G

zincy 01:37 03 Sep 04

anyone have experiences with that aldi external hard disk? is it reliable?

originalmiscellany 12:42 03 Sep 04

if you buy a 2 1/2 inch hard drive and case, they are often host powered.
A 3 1/2 inch hard drive is always (?) connected to a power lead and is self powered.

3 1/2 inch hd's are cheaper.

Young Ranger 00:30 04 Sep 04

You have to be quick off the mark with the Aldi offer. I wasn't so I think I will go for the separate case/hard drive option unless any one has any views about the alternative.

smokingbeagle 01:16 04 Sep 04
  JYPX 01:24 05 Sep 04

Young Ranger - don't know where you are but everyone I know (in the north of england) seems to go to ccl computers in bradford, click here They have a Freecom FHD-3 160GB for £123.12 but what might interest you is that it comes with the full version of Acronis True Image which currently retails at $50....

Sharpamatt 07:06 05 Sep 04

Ive been useing an Audi External Hard drive from there original offer,

I partioned into three, and have never after inital setup had any problems,

Its ideal for system back up, as you can turn it off when installing anything new, knowing your original information is still in your hard drive

Young Ranger 18:38 05 Sep 04

Not everybody knows it, well perhaps that now I know they do! Do you happen to know if their on line prices are the same as calling in there?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…