External Hard Drive

maz2 15:01 20 Jul 04

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to download from the internet direct to an external drive and then to copy to cd writer or do you have to download to PC first and then transfer files. Also if anyone has seen any good offers on drives can you let me know Thanks

Diemmess 15:56 20 Jul 04

This should be a Helproom posting, but for what its worth -

When downloading anything you should have a choice of where to save the downloaded file.
So it is your choice, HD internal or external as you wish.

Much better to have the item on disk before thinking of transfer to CD (as you seem to realise.)

TomJerry 17:13 20 Jul 04

So, you can used it the same way as an internal drive.

Matrox One touch series is good. But, you can DIY one. This is what I did. Buy a new normal HDD, replace the one in PC and put an external one in an external enclosure box. You can find external enclosure box in many places, but I find Directusb gives very good services click here.

byfordr 23:13 20 Jul 04

The onetouch is superb, also pick up a lacie series 3 (a lot smaller than the maxtor, just a bit bigger than a internal hard drive)

£130 250gb lacie
click here
£155 250gb Maxtor click here

Not a great deal more than a internal...(about £120 for 250gb one)

Fully flexible, easy to install...just appear as another hard drive, fast too. The high capacity maxtors comes both with firewire and usb2, and dantz backup software.

HTH

R

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…