Extended warranty

gobi 09:47 04 May 04

I purchased an MFD CX3200 from Computerworld on March last year. The salesman persuaded me to purchased his shop's three years extended warranty on the basis that I could exchange it with new if something bad happen. In addition, the manufacturer's warranty will be void if I used a generic ink cartridge whereas the shop's warranty will still be valid. On this basis, I purchased the warranty.
Last Sunday, I ran into problem with my CX3200 and decided to bring it to the shop. The manager agree to exchange it on the condition that I had used only original Epson cartridge. I point out that I was told differently by his salesman when I bought the policy. He insists on his point and said that is the reason the salesman was sacked.
Luckily I haven't used a generic ink cartridge and my CX3200 is exchanged.
I am however disappointed that the shop can change their warranty policy at their convenience. Are they not liable to their salesman conduct? Unfortunately, they didn't give me any written warranty policy and I coudn't argue more. Or can I?

ened 16:59 04 May 04

words spoken by a salesman prior to a sale are legally binding.
The problem is proving it.

gobi 21:57 04 May 04

And it is more difficult as the salesman is no longer there. I will be more careful next time. Just a story to share. I will tick it as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…