Extended warranties Have you really cancelled?

v1asco 15:12 02 Feb 11
Answered

This is not a discussion about value for money.I use extended warranties on white goods as I am not home a lot and it eases any problems looking for engineers etc.

In my previous house I insured the lot for 5 years under a special deal where I paid the cost up front, reducing the long term payment.

I then moved, leaving the white goods behind with about 3 yrs to go on the warranty and I contacted Domestic and General and transferred the goods to the name of the new house owners.

This months I noticed 3 D/D to DG, each small amounts.

I contacted D & G about this and despite the fact I had transferred the names they were deducting from my account as it said in the original agreement. I am not disputing this.

So folks, be aware, even if you have moved home you may be paying to maintain your old washing machine!

Surely if a call is made to transfer the goods to a different name they could at least ask if the goods are going to be used by me? or ask if I wish to continue the d/d in 3 years time?

peter99co 15:22 02 Feb 11

It is easier to take your money. Less complicated.

Clapton is God 15:35 02 Feb 11

And it's even easier to tell your bank to cancel the Direct Debit so that D & G can longer dip into your account

Forum Editor 15:41 02 Feb 11

and I'll move it from Speakers Corner now.

spuds 16:49 02 Feb 11
Answer

Its another one of those events when a company's billing and administration departments do not communicate. Fortunately, its the customer who often spots the error!.

D&G are a very large organisation nowadays, branching out in all types of warranty insurance schemes. Administration must be a real headache at times.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5