ExpressPCS?? Any good?

donki 10:16 21 Apr 06

Hi guys,

My mate has ordered a PC from them on 03/04/06 and he cant get through to them on phone and he hasn't got a reply to any of the emails he has sent. Has anyone bought from them before?

Thanks

spuds 11:32 21 Apr 06

Looking at their website click here gives a combined telephone/fax number 0870 360 9721, is this the phone number that your mate is using, if so, why cannot they get through!.

I also notice that they offer a direct on-line contact 'Chat to a member of our staff', as this contact route been tested!.

One thing that I noticed in their terms and conditions, were their 'voluntary' code to return goods, no mention of the distance selling regulations. Plus the mention of a possible £20 charge!.

Other than that, I have no knowledge of the company, assuming this is the company that you are seeking advice on.

aveylee 14:27 21 Apr 06

Checked their details with Companies House (Their company num is : 04881265). Apparently they are listed as a company that deals in 'renting civil engineering' and 'database activities'; and the company was only incorporated from August 2003.
Make of that what you will.

Advise your friend to send a recorded delivery letter to the Trader. Telephone calls, emails etc are almost impossible to evidence in future legal action as ever happening.
He may also want to consider contacting a neighbouring business (type in their postcode "NE10 0QH" and a list of neighbouring companies will be found) to see if the business still seems to be operating from the premises.

I would not panic yet though as they may just be busy or have technical problems with their phones.

donki 14:38 21 Apr 06

U have done ur homework aveylee!!!!!! Il pass it on, was wondering if anyone had actually bought anything from them??

donki 12:44 10 May 06

After 30days of NO response for a delivery date my mate claimed a refund through his credit card. Just so you know.

Diodorus Siculus 12:50 10 May 06

Thanks for the feedback; seems your mate did the best thing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…