exchange upgrade

reddwarfcrew 18:59 22 May 05

I'm looking at moving to plunet from wanadoo and have ended up at a link which gives details about ny exchange.

Does anyone know how I can find out what the planned upgrade for my exchange is in July 2005?

click here

Thanks.

(ps is the premier version really worth £7pm more than the plus?)

CurlyWhirly 23:02 22 May 05

Does this help?

click here

CurlyWhirly 23:09 22 May 05

Just looked and your exchange isn't mentioned.

Bump

Rigga 08:32 23 May 05

BT are upgrading each exchange to the new MAXDSL, flavour of ADSL. (the MAXDSL DSLAM's I am led to believe are only needed so that any future line speed changes will not require an engineer, only a quick SW change at BT's end.)

What this means for PlusNet ISP members, is that your line will get the highest speed possible.

So as an example, you join PlusNet for £14.99 a month, keeping you 512kbp connection, then come July, your line will be upgraded to support the maximum it can support, be that 1mb, or 2mb.

As for Premier over plus, If you are a basic surfer, just looking for web and email, then Premier is not worth the extra £7 per month.

If you wish to host a more complex web site, or download through the P2P networks, then Premier is the way to go.

HTH. R.

P.S. If you don't already have a referrer, then pls mention my UserID, RCCLTD. thanks. R.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…