Excellent Truetype Font Editor

Pesala 06:43 19 May 03

Version 4 of Font Creator has just been released by High-Logic. click here

I was the 72nd user to register my copy of this $50 Shareware back in October. I have been really impressed with the quality of the program, the responsiveness of the designer to feedback from users, and the help and support provided by the Users Forum. There are now 489 registered users.

I started editing Truetype Fonts many years ago with Corel Draw 3.0 because professional TTF editors have always been beyond my means. In those days Fontographer was over £400, and other tools like Fontlab are now even more expensive.

You might be forgiven for thinking that $50 Shareware must be just a toy, but Font Creator has enough power for professional font editing.

Creating a Truetype Font from scratch is not a task for the faint-hearted, but Font Creator provides all the tools that you need, and the interface is well thought-out. The program's author listened to his beta testers click here and users requests for enhancement click here, incorporating nearly every requested feature into the latest upgrade.

The upgrade is free to those of us who registered since 1st June of last year, making the asking price of $50 even more reasonable.

Pesala 20:30 27 May 03

Windows XP Theme support • Improved Open Installed Fonts window • Added High-Logic Online in Help menu • Sample glyph to be used on empty glyphs • Zoom to selected •
Improved Import Image feature • Several new toolbar buttons • Snap to grid (points and contours and glyphs) • Snap to user defined guidelines (points and contours and glyphs) • Split TrueType Collection or Extract TrueType Fonts from TrueType Collection • Glyph Validation features • Added import kerning pairs support to the AutoKern feature • When you select a TrueType font in Windows Explorer and right-click, a new option is available in the menu called Open with the Font Creator Program. It is an additional feature to quickly open fonts with the Font Creator Program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5