Excellent Customer Service

Sir Radfordin 16:44 04 Oct 06

Nothing to do with computers but a fine example of how to do 'customer service'.

On Thursday 28/9 I ordered some chocolates from Hotel Chocolat (click here) and needed them to be delivered by Monday 2/10 as it was an 85th Birthday gift. Paid extra for their 'next day' delivery service.

Sadly in a conversation with the recipient I found out that the gift didn't arrive until the 3/10.

This afternoon I logged a 'complaint' with them about this. 50 minutes later I had an email back saying they were sorry for the delay and as this was their mistake they would refund the order in full.

Yes they made a mistake, but that can and does happen. How they have rectified the situation is more than I would have expected.

So you now know where to buy your chocolate online...!

def90csw 17:13 04 Oct 06

Always good to here.

Cymro. 17:53 04 Oct 06

If they read your posting then they may send you a free box, and why not indeed?

Sir Radfordin 13:50 05 Oct 06

why not indeed :)

thakkar 14:19 05 Oct 06

On a computer-related note, I've been very impressed with the speed and helpfulness of email customer service provided by QuietPC (click here), who are supplying some of the parts for my new PC.

Fingees 19:04 05 Oct 06

My wife likes Belgium chocolate, but for speccial occasions I often buy chocolate from Hotel Chocolat.

My wife reckons they are the best out of any she has ever tasted

lisa02 19:16 05 Oct 06

Why did I click this thread - I didn't know you could buy choccies online. Might treat myself....

lisa02 19:16 05 Oct 06

"No, no, no, no!"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…