Evesham,s "n"after service

bugjuice 11:44 20 May 05

My sisters Evesham Computer has been troublesome from day one,intermittent fault on keyboard.They insist on doing a format and re-boot on the hard disc to establish whether it is asoft-ware problem or not.They charge £100 if the engineer is called out and determines it is not the hardware.Is this reasonable?

Magik ®© 12:37 20 May 05

can you not borrow another keyboard so you can try it ?

bugjuice 12:57 20 May 05

I tried that last night and although my key board works on my computer ,it didn't work on my sisters.That is why Evesham think it is a software problem and will not authorise a home visit.

pk470 14:29 20 May 05

Uninstall the keyboard in device manager plug the board back in and reboot Windows should pick up.

bugjuice 14:55 20 May 05

Thanks pk470 ,that sounds like worth a try.I'll get my sister to have a go at that.

PsiFox 12:25 24 May 05

You should be able to buy a cheap keyboard for £5 or so. not much of an outlay and you would have a spare keyboard at the least.

TBH1 12:56 24 May 05

How long as she had this PC ? If its been 'troublesome' from day one, did she install any software at that time ? Has she installed anything above and beyond what the PC came with ? Whether this is software related or not, if its the original build, its down to Evesham to fix it - -I believe you will have at least one years's onsite warranty with them , maybe more.

Most manufacturers will ask for a fresh install back to factory settings but I think it a bit much to say they're gonna charge you £100 to visit - - - lets face it, they could find a genuine problem yet still insist its something your sister has done. Evesham have a presence here, well they did have - - -

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…