Evesham & XP CDs?

expertec 13:50 31 Jan 04

Do Evesham PCs ship with a full copy of Windows XP on CD-ROM?

anniel 14:10 31 Jan 04

When I bought my Evesham in December 2003, it came with a system recovery disk for XP Home (my operating system).

I believe from what I have read that this is normal practice with the big suppliers, but maybe someone here knows different.

powerless 14:36 31 Jan 04

Desktop - Nov 2002 - Full XP disc, although it says "Product Recovery CD-ROM" on the CD.

Laptop - Dec 2003 - Full XP disc, although it says "Product Recovery CD-ROM" on the CD.

expertec 19:40 31 Jan 04

So with this disc I can do a proper clean install of Windows if I ever need to?

powerless 20:09 31 Jan 04

powerless 20:21 31 Jan 04

Please ask before purchasing.

expertec 22:57 31 Jan 04

OK, thanks very much for your help.

What is Windows fully installed already or will I have the option to partition the hard drive during setup?

powerless 23:04 31 Jan 04

Already Installed, all software is all ready to use.

1 Partition...

Mine was preactivated!

Southernboy 00:14 01 Feb 04

You have to install some yourself. No XP discs included, only Evesham recovery Discs. I understand this can be a problem if the HD fails.

hoverman 07:34 01 Feb 04

Same as Powerless with my Evesham PC. The recovery disk supplied has the full Windows XP Home edition on it.

simonp1 08:10 01 Feb 04

I found the disk would not do a " complete clean install" it would install but left a lot of info on thier...Once i upgraded my pc then it didnt work anyway..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…